Pixagent ITP is a powerful workflow-oriented FTP server with a wealth of features well beyond what typical FTP servers will offer you. Many of the most significant features are listed here to provide you with an idea of what it is capable of. If you want to know more, feel free to download the comprehensive manual or simply download ITP and give it a try for yourself!
- Assisted WT-1 Configuration (New in 1.1) - Users can now create and manage their .wt1 configuration files for Nikon's WT-1 right inside of ITP! Since the server knows many of the settings already, it simplifies this task by automatically filling in many of the fields for you. Additionally, when you are finished ITP will do a quick audit of your settings and provide you with warnings for many common mistakes so that they can be caught without having to upload the settings and figure out the hard way. This system is especially valuable to those without extensive networking experience, as it reduces the number of variables you need to worry about.
- Intelligent Overwrite Protection - The server can be configured to automatically rename different files that are uploaded to the name of an existing file. This protects your files from being accidentally overwritten, and can be especialy useful where multiple photographers may be uploading to the same path. However, this is taken a step further in that the server will automatically compare the new file with the older ones and if it is a retransmission attempt, will replace the older file. This allows you to have the protection without the clutter that a simpler system would create.
- Automatic Directory Generation - Using the variables functionality, the server can be configured to automatically generate directory trees based on features like the date and the login name. This is entirely transparent to the user, and as far as they are concerned they are uploading to a simple static path. This allows the server to automatically create chronological directory trees and make tasks like archival considerably easier.
- Batch Renaming - The server can automatically replace the DSC_ portion of the filename using the prefix feature. This prefix, like most other features in ITP, can contain variables such as the username - allowing multiple shooters to upload to the same directory and still keep their files seperate.
- Simple and Intuitive User Interface - Since this package is designed for photographers the UI has been designed to simplify the administration tasks as much as possible. New users can be added quickly and easily, and it is easy to control where their files are sent. Most features can also be fully configured on a per-user basis, so you can adjust ITP's behaviour to suit your needs.
- Lightweight and Efficient - This package has been designed from the ground up for this task. Features that were unnecessary were not implemented, the memory footprint was carefully designed and ITP is capable of adapting itself to various system bottlenecks. This framework allows the same core server code to run on both full Windows computers and PocketPC PDAs - allowing maximum flexibility in deployment.
- Multithreaded - File storage and networking components run in different threads, connected by a memory buffer. This eliminates many bottlenecks, allowing every facet of the server to run at the highest rate possible and providing a more responsive set of controls to the user. This also allows this package to make full use of multiprocessor systems.
While this initial version is effectively a modified FTP server, it has been built to become the foundation of an entire workflow solution. At this time, a commercial version is underway that will add significant automation features to further improve the efficient workflow of photographers using it. Check back regularly or register to receive update information via e-mail.