Pixagent ITP is a powerful workflow-oriented FTP server with a wealth of features well beyond what typical FTP servers will offer you. Many of the most significant features are listed here to provide you with an idea of what it is capable of. If you want to know more, feel free to download the comprehensive manual or simply download ITP 2.0 and give it a try for yourself!
- Control Centre Interface (New in 2.0) - ITP now provides a new control centre interface that provides centralized access to ITP's most commonly used features. These settings are presented in a visual manner to make it as easy as possible for anyone to understand the context and meaning of each control. If more complex changes are required, conventional settings dialogs are still available, however the control centre allows you to manage the core settings from one common location.
- Automated Processing (New in 2.0 Pro) - ITP 2.0 Professional can now be programmed to automatically trigger the processing of images the moment that they are received by the server. This system allows you to automatically perform many repetitive and time-consuming tasks while you are still out shooting. When you get back to your workstation your images will already be processed and you can focus on other more important tasks - allowing you to spend more time behind the lens and less time at your computer.
- Card Synchronization* (New in 2.0 Pro) - The Professional version of ITP 2.0 can now synchronize your memory cards to allow seamless switching between wireless and wired workflows. When a memory card is inserted into your computer, ITP can now pick up where the wireless transmitter left off - downloading the images that are waiting to transmit while leaving those that have already been sent. Images retrieved in this fashion will be treated just as if they were sent via the wireless transmitter so all automation features will be in full force.
- Live Image Review (New in 2.0 Pro) - ITP 2.0 Professional can now generate full-screen displays of images the moment that they are received by the server. This powerful feature allows photographers to see the result of their shots using the full capability of their desktop monitors moments after being shot. Using this mechanism you can quickly and easily identify potential problems and fix them on the spot. Similarly, clients and art directors can see the results of your shoot in real time, allowing them to immediately provide feedback in a convenient and efficient manner.
- Analysis Modes (New in 2.0 Pro) - ITP 2.0 Professional provides a number of image analysis modes that allow you to rapidly access any potential exposure problems with your images. Coupled with the live image review system, these modes quickly highlight potential issues so that you can repair them while it is still easy to reshoot.
- Live Slideshow (New in 2.0 Pro) - The Professional version of ITP 2.0 can now display a continuously updated slideshow incorporating new images as they are received. Using a large monitor or HDTV set, wedding and event shooters can show off their images while they are still being shot - allowing potential customers to see their images on the spot. This allows these photographers to deliver extra value features to their clients and potentially generate sales that wouldn't have been otherwise possible.
- Adapter Management (New in 2.0) - ITP now offers a number of features to simplify the setup of your system for wireless transmission. A new virtual IP address system attaches a second fixed IP address to your wireless network adapter - simplifying the setup process without disturbing your existing network settings. In addition, ITP also offers a built-in DHCP server that allows your transmitter to automatically retrieve network settings even when running on ad-hoc networks.
- Automated Support (New in 2.0) - You can now quickly and easily send support requests through the program itself. In addition to the message you enter, ITP will also transmit a copy of your settings (personal data will be automatically obscured) so that we have all the information necessary to diagnose and solve your problem.
- Assisted Camera Configuration (New in 2.0) - Users can now quickly and easily configure a number of wireless transmitters from within ITP itself. Since the server knows many of the settings already, it simplifies this task by automatically filling in many of the fields for you. Additionally, when you are finished, ITP will do a quick audit of your settings and provide you with warnings for many common mistakes. As such, ITP will often catch errors without having to repeatedly go through the process of uploading and testing the settings in the camera. This system is especially valuable to those without extensive networking experience, as it reduces the number of variables you need to worry about. Supported transmitters include the Nikon WT-1 and WT-2, Canon WFT-E1 and Dice America WiPics**.
- Intelligent Overwrite Protection - The server can be configured to automatically rename files that are uploaded with the same name as an existing file but contain different data. This protects your files from being accidentally overwritten, and can be especially useful where multiple photographers may be uploading to the same path. However, this is taken a step further in that the server will automatically compare the new file with the older one(s) and if it is a retransmission attempt, replace the older file. This allows you to have the protection without the clutter that a simpler system would create.
- Automatic Directory Generation - Using the variables functionality, the server can be configured to automatically generate directory trees based on features like the date and the login name. This is entirely transparent to the user, and as far as they are concerned they are uploading to a simple static path. This allows the server to automatically create chronological directory trees and make tasks like archival considerably easier.
- Batch Renaming - The server can automatically replace the DSC_ portion of the filename using the prefix feature. This prefix, like most other features in ITP, can contain variables such as the username - allowing multiple shooters to upload to the same directory and still keep their files separate.
- Simple and Intuitive User Interface - Since this package is designed for photographers the UI has been designed to simplify the administration tasks as much as possible. New users can be added quickly and easily, and it is easy to control where their files are sent. Most features can also be fully configured on a per-user basis, so you can adjust ITP's behaviour to suit your needs.
- Lightweight and Efficient - This package has been designed from the ground up for this task. Features that were unnecessary were not implemented, the memory footprint was carefully designed and ITP is capable of adapting itself to various system bottlenecks. This framework allows the same core server code to run on both full Windows computers and PocketPC PDAs - allowing maximum flexibility in deployment.
- Multithreaded - File storage and networking components run in different threads, connected by a memory buffer. This eliminates many bottlenecks, allowing every facet of the server to run at the highest rate possible and providing a more responsive set of controls to the user. This also allows this package to make full use of multiprocessor systems.
*Card synchronization subsystem currently works with Nikon WT-2, WT-2A, WT-1 and WT-1A transmitters only.
**Support for the WiPics transmitter is experimental at this stage and has only been tested with preproduction devices.